Decorating & Furniture/WARM STONE

Question
I AM PAINTING MY BEDROOM WALLS WARM STONE, I HAVE A CHERRY OAK BED ALONG WITH NIGHT STAND. WHAT COLORS WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY COMFORTER AND CURTAINS?

Answer
Hi Stephanie, warm stone is a pretty neutral colour so that's a good start.  When it comes to bedrooms, most of the time I start off the entire colour scheme from a good quality comforter.  Due to the fact that your furniture is a cherry oak colour, I would look for a comforter with at least three different colours in it, in warm muted tones.  From here you would choose one colour for your curtains (a solid neutral in this would be best), and another for use in accessories, such as lamp shades, candles, faux flower arrangements etc. When you feel it's time for a change,the look of the room can inexpensively be altered just by changing the accessories.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to see any photos you may have, so I can be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.
Shamim Razvi
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi