Decorating & Furniture/bedroom accent colors

My daughter is redoing her first home. We painted the walls a soft light gray color, her comforter set is dark charcoal gray. We'd like to accent with some red accessories. I'm wondering about using some chocolate brown also.. or do you think black would be a better choice?

Hi, I personally would recommend using more muted shade of red and chocolate brown for a relaxed feel.  If you prefer making more of a bold statement then, use the bright red and black. It all depends on the feeling you want to create for the room.  Either way, it'll look great!
Thank you.

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.