Decorating & Furniture/color and accessories

Question
Hello Shamim,

I am in desperate need of advice as to what to do with my livingroom.  I have a large picture window and cathedral ceiling.  My carpet is the color of Chamois.  My walls are painted with Benjamin Moore paint #1037 Muslim color.  My sofa and loveseat is a medium camel color. The coffee and end tables are a medium oak color.  Would you please tell me what color curtains I should use and what color accessories (example: picture frames, pillows, candles, lamps, etc.).  Should I get different color tables?  I would appreciate any advice that you could give me.

Answer
Hi, Anne.  Well it seems to me that you have a mostly neutral monochromatic colour scheme right now.  If you want to keep your space monochromatic then I would recommend you choose curtains in the same family, close to the same colour as the walls.  If however you want to bring in some colour you can do that by selecting a piece of colourfull artwork or cushions.  You would choose one or two colours from your selected item and use those for the accessories.  If you decide to only choose one accent colour, you could also make it more interesting, by using various shades of that colour.  You don't necessarily have to change your coffee and end tables, but if your budget does allow you to do so, I would recommend selecting ones with a dark expresso finish. They will really stand out against your wall and sofas and help ground the space.
I hope I've helped.
Thank you.

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi