Decorating & Furniture/color coordination

Hi, I just moved into an apartment and the carpets are brown and all my living room furniture is black and red, I want to paint the walls so the brown carpet blends better with the red and black furniture but I don't know what color would work well. I am going to purchase a cheetah print area rug which will basically be the same as the brown carpet but I'd like to paint the walls, would a taupe color or a tan be a good warm color to bring a "home" feel to my apartment? Thank you.

Hi Fiona!

You have a great idea on using the cheetah print rug to tie in all the colors. Did you know that I am the owner of a custom rug manufacturing business? We have a leopard/cheetah print carpet that we can sell you if you don't already have your rug. In fact we can even add a red border to it if you like to bring in the red from your furniture...just an idea. Before you paint your walls tan or taupe I suggest that you purchase your leopard/cheetah rug and then match the tan or taupe that is in the rug to the paint color. That way you will have the correct shade to tie it all together. Hope that helps!

Attached is a photo of our leopard/cheetah print carpet

Creative Carpet Design

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer

I can answer questions regarding custom rugs, carpet fibers, custom rug design, rugs colors

I am owner of a custom rug manufacturing business Creative Carpet Design We design & make all of our rugs ourselves. We ship our custom made rugs all over the US and Canada.

Life & Home Magazine

Trained & certified as a Custom Rug Maker & Sculptor

Too Many To List