Decorating & Furniture/Front door

My husband wants to purchase an oak front door.  Does the interior side of the door need to match the trim?  The trim is  white.

Hi Lindsay,

No, the interior side of the door doesn't need to match the trim. I'm assuming you are questioning if an oak door will look good on th e interior of your home with your white trim? If so, that is fine. If that is what you want. Sounds like your husband (like most husbands) doesn't keep up with current styles. So let me tell you this before he spends alot on an oak door. Oak is the one wood that is considered nowadays to be outdated. People with oak cabinets are painting them in order to update their homes (including myself) Real estate agents say the best way to update your home is to paint all that golden oak in our homes. Even if you like it now, you may not in a few years so to me it would be wiser to buy a nice front door that is paintable (they make many that look like wood that you can paint) not a wood because you would spend so much more for a wood door that you may tire of in a few years.

Hope this helps!

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer

I can answer questions regarding custom rugs, carpet fibers, custom rug design, rugs colors

I am owner of a custom rug manufacturing business Creative Carpet Design We design & make all of our rugs ourselves. We ship our custom made rugs all over the US and Canada.

Life & Home Magazine

Trained & certified as a Custom Rug Maker & Sculptor

Too Many To List