Decorating & Furniture/mixing furniture

Question
I have black stained table and chairs in the kitchen.  The area is totally open to
the family room where I want to put other golden oak pieces .  Thought about
staining golden oak tables (for the family room) a black stain to tie in the
kitchen set.  In the house there will be white moulding.  Is this too much to
blend?  Moving and trying to combine 2 houses of furniture!

Answer
Hi, Nancy.  Well because the area is totally open, I would recommend that the pieces stay very close in colour.  The question is: which one do you prefer, the black stain or the golden oak?  It's hard for me to choose for you as I don't have any idea what colour your other pieces of furniture are. The white molding will look great with either colour.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to see any photos you may have, so I can be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.
Shamim Razvi
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi