Decorating & Furniture/Backsplash ideas

Kitchen in need of backsplash :)
Kitchen in need of bac  
Hello Shamim - I have just moved into my first home, which is very exciting! It is a renovated 1911 smaller home and I think the kitchen is in need of a backsplash but have no idea what kind would look best. Would love any suggestions! Thank you

Mosaic tile
Mosaic tile  
Hi Stephanie,  There are many different types/materials of tile available on the market.  It would be best to discuss your needs with the customer service representative at the store to see which type of material would be well suited for your daily use. As for the colour of your backsplash,  I think a colour combination of the floor, countertop and cabinets looks the most pleasing to the eye. Please see attached photo  to give you an idea of what might work. Just remember there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to picking a backsplash, just go with the look that you like.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.