Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom color scheme

I am in the process of redecorating a small bedroom that will be used as a
guest bedroom most of the year and a college son's room when he is home. I
purchased a dark beige coverlet that came with everything...bedskirt, shams,
euro shams, decorative pillows,  and sheets. They all match the coverlet which
is a quilted fabric. I am trying to decide on a wall color. Also I will need to
paint the furniture in the room as most of it is white with gold trim. The
carpet is a beige also. I want a warm feel and a way to accent the room.
There is one window in the room.

Hi Pam,  what you have so far is a monochromatic beige colour scheme.  If you want to introduce a new colour into the room, start by choosing a colourful item i.e. artwork, rug, fabric or pillows with at least three warm colours.  Choose one colour for the walls and new paint for the furniture and the other two for accents pieces, such as additional pillows, decorative items etc. Your window covering should be close in colour to you walls.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.