Decorating & Furniture/Black white red theme

I am trying to redo my room I am thinking about doing a plain black
comforter such as the one listed at the bottom with a zebra print rug that is
white and black zebra and then doing red accents such as the curtains and
pillow and such. However i am at a loss of what to do with the walls I was
thinking about maybe doing one wall red but i think then it would be to much
red because the room is very small and of the 4 walls 2 of them will have red
on them from the curtains and the other wall is mainly my closet. so i feel as
if that would be to much red but i still don't know what color to paint the rest
of the walls or all of the walls if i don't do the red accent wall. I don't want to
do white that would be way to hospital like and i thought about doing creme
walls and doing creme and black zebra rug but I didn't like that look. And in
the color families of black white i didn't really come up with much besides
grey? So I was wondering if you had any ideas of what i could do with the
walls?? Thank you!

Black comforter

Zebra print rug

Hi Kelly,

The ideas you have for decorating your room are terrific.  I love your choice of bedding, rug and draperies.  

For a wall color, consider using either latte (just like the drink - creamy pale brown) or even a pale grey.  Either will add interest to the room and neither will make the room appear smaller.  

By keeping the background neutral, you can add all the spark in the room with your accessories!  That also means that if you get tired of the color scheme, it will be easier to change.

Thanks for writing and for your question.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology