Decorating & Furniture/Carpet colour selection (living room)

Question
I have a red fabric sofa which hints of cream and brown in the cushions, two red leather relaxer chairs, my walls are cream with one feature red wall and my current carpet is a dusky pink with diamond pattern (think it's a Wilton copy).  The carpet is not great quality and I want to get something better which is nice underfoot but hardwearing.  I am conscious that I may also be moving in a year or so, so don't want to alienate potential buyers.  Can you advise suitable colour that's not too bland?

Answer
Jen,

Thanks for your question.  Since you're moving and you know it in advance, play it safe and keep a neutral tone in the carpet.  My best suggestion is a Berber weave.  You can either select a tone on tone pattern (i.e., squares) in a warm neutral taupe, or even a woven Berber with flecks of color mingled in.  These are available in white, off-white, taupe etc. and have flecks of colors like greens, blues, even reds.  

There's nothing bland about a beautiful, long lasting, hard wearing Berber!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik