Decorating & Furniture/Cherry hardwood floors

Question
Hi Shamim,

I have a client that has cherry hardwood floors. She has white crown moldings and white plantation shutters. What color furniture goes best with that combo? She wants a "Pottery Barn" look.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I lived in Canada for 8 years! Great people!

Answer
Hi Debra, A rich cherry hardwood floor, looks best with lighter toned furniture, especially in this case because of the white plantation shutters.  The only thing I would suggest is to make sure the colour is warm in tone.  Some suggestions for colour ideas are:  Behr's White Clay (730C-1), Innocence (W-D-720), Weathered Sanadstone (290E-1), Hazelnut Cream (750C-2.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi