Decorating & Furniture/Color ?

A look  of the room.
A look of the room.  
Hi, am planing to re-paint my room and change the color of my furniture (laminate). The color of the furniture is barbie pink and the color of the walls are light baby pink and purple. I want a good combination of colors which can match the color of my furniture and walls. Colors should be refreshing and at the same time a little vibrant. Am a film maker and a photographer. In one of the walls I would be putting up my photography pictures in frames. I hope you can help me out with it. THANKS A TON. Appreciate your help :)

Hi Hitesh, I would suggest your furniture and three of your walls be in any neutral colour, i.e. Greys, browns, creams.  Use a lighter shade for the walls and a shade darker for the furniture.  As for the wall where you want to display your photograghy it can be a bold, bright colour of your choice.  Decorating the room in this way will bring attention your portfolio wall instead of trying to compete with other elements in the space.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.