Decorating & Furniture/Decorating my living room

Question
Hi, my house is still under construction so I havent bought any furniture yet. I like the traditional french country with a little mix of victorian. I love the colours brown and green. But Im very scared how to use them together, they are not the easiest to match. I am also hesitant about my furniture layout and just need a little 'guidance'. Attached are pictures of the room. The walls will be a cream with an 'antique brown' creamic tiles. Pic01 - is the livingroom as seen from the dinning, the door on the left is the main door. Pic02 - is the room as seen when standing in the corner of the living room. Layout - is the layout I have planned. What do u think?

Answer
Hi, Uzana.  To answer your question about using green and brown.  If you're unsure about the combination then look for fabric with brown and green in it, as a reference for colour cordinating, stick with the same shades and you can't go wrong.  As for your layout, there is too much empty space between the cabinet against the wall and your coffee table and sofa.  Turn your coffee table clockwise, and bring it and your sofa up closer. You can place a sofa/console table behind the sofa, to help fill up the space.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website,if you need further assistance.
Thank you, for your time.
Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi