Decorating & Furniture/Living Room colour design

Living Room
Living Room  
Hello, i have a question concerning my living room ,for the walls colours ,the living room is so warm with good natural lighting and it is small 3.5 meter x 3.5 meter
i like the sunset color and the tropical one and i already painted the walls by two colours one like peach colour on only one wall which i will put shelves in as library and the other walls by a creamy yellow colour so i want to know is the two colors are ok ?and what are the suitable color to choose for fabrics of the L-shaped sofa and the rug.

Thank you for your time

Hi Peter,

Because you have two neutral colors in the space, you can use most any color fabric for your sofa.  I would suggest a medium to dark brown, or a medium to dark gray for the sofa.   Both are popular colors for 2009, and should be readily available.  

As for a rug color, if you are adding wall to wall carpeting to the space, then use a neutral shade like cream or taupe.  If you'd also like to add an area rug, then incorporate all the colors in the space for that rug.  

This is obviously new construction, so please enjoy your new space!  Thanks for writing and for your questions.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology