Decorating & Furniture/Please help me pick a color couch that matches.

Flat Iron Building
Flat Iron Building  
QUESTION: Hi Darlene,
I saw this ad on the internet and thought I would give it a try. I have a Black and White picture of the Flat Iron Building in New York (home town) that I purchased from Ikea. Can you please tell me what color couch would go well with this? Thanks for your help, Pamela

ANSWER: Hi Pamela,

All of those colors are neutrals, therefore any color couch would work. I would stick with a solid color couch rather than a print though. You could always get a black or grey sofa and add a pop of color with throw pillows, throws, and accessories. Hope that helps!

Creative Carpet Design

QUESTION: Hi Darlene,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Do you think maybe you can give me some examples of colors? I was told not To use black because everything would be too dark and I don't really like grey for a couch. Thanks again, Pamela

Neutral room
Neutral room  
Hi Pamela,

I'm not sure what style you like, but since you have purchased a Black & White of New York I'm going to assume that you like clean modern lines. You could go with a white leather sofa or if that sounds too stark for you, you could go with tan. See the photo I attached. You could easily add a pop of color in accessories. Any color would work...just choose a color you like.

Hope this helps!

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer

I can answer questions regarding custom rugs, carpet fibers, custom rug design, rugs colors

I am owner of a custom rug manufacturing business Creative Carpet Design We design & make all of our rugs ourselves. We ship our custom made rugs all over the US and Canada.

Life & Home Magazine

Trained & certified as a Custom Rug Maker & Sculptor

Too Many To List