Decorating & Furniture/Toddler room

Question
Hey!  So glad you have this site :)

My daughter is now 21 months old and I'm looking to make (i.e.: my mother-
in-law make) a "big girl bedroom" using the main color/theme as Tiffany
Blue.  I want it to still be a toddler's room, but want it to be elegant and chic.  
I have a very elegant/curvy mahogany crib with the same color furniture,
beige berber carpet and currently, beige walls.  I'm not opposed to having the
walls half Tiffany Blue w/chair rail or Wayne's Coating and some type of pastel
pink or yellow bedding, or vice-versa.  I just have no clue where to start to
make sure it's not too grown up!  I want to keep the furniture we have and
use one off-color piece (either the cream/antique white end table or
something painted Tiffany Blue).   Can you suggest anything??

Thanks so much!!

Crystal

Answer
Hi Crystal.  Your ideas for your girl's room are very good.  If you choose to do the chair rail, just make sure the darker colour is painted on the bottom and the lighter on top.  Keep the colours the same with a couple of shades of difference.  If you want to bring in yellow or pink bedding that would be fine, just keep in mind that some piece of fabric, rug or artwork in the room should contain a combination of the pink or yellow (which ever you choose) with the blue. The one 'off-colour' piece would also work, but again make sure that colour is used somewhere else in the room as well.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi