Decorating & Furniture/Vaulted Ceiling

My contemporary home has a 15 ft vaulted ceiling (at the peak).  The sides are lit so that the light shines up the vaulted ceiling.  I originally had the ceiling painted in Ralph Lauren's metallic gold, it was a hard task for my painter and the end result was not great.  We repainted it in a BM HC144 - Paladian Blue.  Don't like it either!  Our walls are a soft yellow and with the light blue it now looks like a huge nursery.  Looking for something that looks good during the day and at night with the lighting - elegant.  Do you know about pearlizing glazes - do those work on ceilings?  Help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Ruth, My suggestion is Behr's Gentle Rain 790E-2, or Pewter Mug 770E-3.  I cannot give an exact colour, as I don't know the precise shade of yellow that you currently have on your walls.  These colours are shades of grey in a blue toned neutral base.  Personally, I wouldn't recommend using a pearlizing glaze as it would create too much shine with your wall lights. I hope I've helped.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.