Decorating & Furniture/WALL COLORS

Hi Jenny, We recently bought a chocolate brown leather sofa and loveseat for our family room.  The room size is 16 x 17.5 and we have a small kitchen that runs off the family room.  The rooms are only divided by a bar.  Our trim in the room is walnut brown and we do not want to paint it.  We are unsure of what colours to paint the room.  We spend alot of time in this room and would like it to be very welcoming.

Thank you,

Hi Trudy,

Some great color combinations for you to consider with chocolate brown are:  pale blue, pale (celery) green, gray (that has a lot of blue tint in it,) latte, and/or tortilla (off white with brown in it).  

From all those choices, I'm hoping you'll find something you love.

Thanks for writing!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology