Decorating & Furniture/Wall color with blue furniture

We live in a small one bedroom apartment with white walls and want to add color.  Our couch and lounge chair are pale blue and we have glass tabletops.  What color wall would look good with the furniture?  It will probably be run thru the entire apartment but my main concern is the living room/dining room. We have a small high top table with four chairs in dark cherry wood in the dining section.

Hi Karen,

Here are some great wall colors that all go well with pale blue:  taupe, buttery yellow, latte brown or putty gray.  All will work throughout the space and with your dark cherry wood.

Select the color you like and then pick a "shade" of that color that looks good with the pale blue.  It will invariably be a light version of the color, but still a great contrast to the white you have now.

Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology