Decorating & Furniture/Wall color for living room/kitchen/dining room

Question
I have a room in my house where the living room, kitchen, dining room, entry way, stairs (to basement) are all in one room and I would like to paint them two different colors but can not decide what colors would look well together.  I have light tan carpet in the living room/dining room and light tan tile in the kitchen/entry way.  My living room furniture is a darker tan and the curtains in the living room are the same color.  I have light blue and yellow accent color dishes/pottery in the kitchen (the color of Pfaltzgraff Summer Breeze dishes.  I want a tan/light brown in the living room and another color (maybe a ligh yellow) in the kitchen and don't know if those would look well together or how to seperate the colors.  Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Megan, You can definately use two different colours in this area,if you stick with one neutral, which in this case would be the tan/light brown colour that you want in the living room.  I would recommend Behr's Gobi Desert 710C-3 for the living space and Behr's Gold Buttercup 310A-2 (a warm yellow)for the kitchen.  You would separate the two colours at a distinct junction/edge on the walls. If you decide to go for a blue, I recommend Behr's Sonata 530E-3.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.
Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi