Decorating & Furniture/Window Coverings

Question
I live in a tiny house (625 sf) with a lot of windows.  None of them currently
have coverings.  I enjoy the light but the front windows are a bit too much
exposure.  There are three 24X48 windows in a row, separated by 6"
molding.  The biggest problem is the dogs hang out there (on top of the
couch) so I need something that won't get filthy/ruined so easily.  They call
my house "bungalow" but it's currently without most details that would make
it a bungalow (clapboards, trim, molding, etc.)  I'd like to change that, but I
can't be too "dear" about the window coverings with the doggies around.  
Was considering simple rollup bamboo, but I'm concerned this takes me in
another direction, style-wise.

Answer
Jan,

For your bungalow with pets, I'd opt for a wooden blind (or faux wood in a natural wood tone) on each of the three windows.  Then if you'd like to be a "little dear" you could add drapery panels (one set of two) on either end.  That will dress up the space, plus it will not be too fussy with the pups.  

Thanks for writing.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik