Decorating & Furniture/Window Coverings

I live in a tiny house (625 sf) with a lot of windows.  None of them currently
have coverings.  I enjoy the light but the front windows are a bit too much
exposure.  There are three 24X48 windows in a row, separated by 6"
molding.  The biggest problem is the dogs hang out there (on top of the
couch) so I need something that won't get filthy/ruined so easily.  They call
my house "bungalow" but it's currently without most details that would make
it a bungalow (clapboards, trim, molding, etc.)  I'd like to change that, but I
can't be too "dear" about the window coverings with the doggies around.  
Was considering simple rollup bamboo, but I'm concerned this takes me in
another direction, style-wise.

For your bungalow with pets, I'd opt for a wooden blind (or faux wood in a natural wood tone) on each of the three windows.  Then if you'd like to be a "little dear" you could add drapery panels (one set of two) on either end.  That will dress up the space, plus it will not be too fussy with the pups.  

Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology