Decorating & Furniture/Wood furniture

Does the wood on furniture all have to be the same color or type in an open floor plan to be cohesive? For instance can living room tables and furniture legs or living room table and breakfast set wood be different? Also I like traditional styles and am not fond of metal kitchen sets.

Hi Sandi, The colour of the wood doesn't necessarily have to match, but it should be somewhat in a similar colour value.  For example if you have light birch coloured wood than you can get away with pairing that with a warm beech or light oak, but it wouldn't look too well next to a dark expresso. Likewise a dark expresso with warm beech or cherry wood can also work.  Most people however find the same wood throughout more pleasing to the eye.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.