Decorating & Furniture/accent wall in living room

I love accent walls and have painted one wall blue, we have three sports related pictures I want to put on that wall, the question is what do I do with the remaining three walls. At the moment they are off white which I do not like. But unsure what to do with them. Would a border be too busy? help

Hi Shirley,

Rather than a border, consider painting the other three walls in a neutral (not white) color.  Colors that would work well include pale yellow, camel brown or taupe.  

A border would be busy and would detract from the accent wall.  That's the focal point in the room, so painting is a better option to maintain interest but not take away from the focal point.

Thanks for writing!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology