Decorating & Furniture/antique desk

when my aunt died, she left me her furniture. I'm now getting older and need to downsize and sell several of the pieces, but I don't know what I have and how to price it. Can I send pictures to someone to identify them?

Hi Dawn,

While my category for questions is furniture and decor, I'm NOT a furniture expert.  My best suggestion is to find a reputable antique dealer in your area and have the piece appraised.  You don't have to share the fact that you are considering selling the piece.  You could always be having it appraised for insurance purposes.  

Sorry I can't be of help to you in this regard.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology