Decorating & Furniture/off centered window

Question
hi -- i just bought a house where in the MB they seemed to have added an arch to seperate the bedroom from a vanity/dressing area. now the window is totally off centered from the 'bedroom space'. how do i offset it, it looks weird. my bed can't go directly under the window because it blocks the walk area. the window is directly near the entrance to the dressing area. i put my dresser again the 'window' wall and it looks strange too because everything looks off centered. right now i only have wood blinds on the window. help! any ideas?

Answer
offset window
offset window  
Hi Cori, I still can't figure out why builders build this way, but sometimes we just have to work with what we have.  In this case, I suggest you paint the window frame the same colour as your walls(this would remove the focus from it) ,remove the blinds and mount an attractive curtain rod extending past both sides of your window, bringing attention to the rod instead of the window.    On each side would hang a decorative panel, with black-out lining to block sunlight.  Your bed would be placed in between the panels.  I have attached a photo to give you a better idea.  I hope I've helped.

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi