Decorating & Furniture/color issues

Question
I have crossroads color on the wall with a expresso color on the fireplace wall. My furniture is a light color micrsuede with a dark leather bottom with big pillows on them with different shades of brown. An dark ottoman to match the bottom of the sofa. I just put up dark chocolate panels. I don't know what colors to use in this space. Such as window treatments,area rug an accessories to use please I need help bad. I have pics of the space to if I could send them to you. Help me!!!!!!  

Answer
Hi Tangela,

Typically I recommend that window treatments combine all the colors within the space which pulls all the colors together.  In your instance, I'm going to recommend that you combine all the colors and shades of tan/brown into the area rug.  Keep the chocolate panels, and add a semi-transparent sheer inside the panels to lighten up the space.

For a punch of color, try adding red.  It can and should be subtle - i.e., not too many red pieces, just a few well placed around the room.  You may also want to add a red pillow to your couch.

Thanks for writing and for your questions.  Hope this helps.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik