Decorating & Furniture/decorating bathroom

Can I mix metal finishes in my master bathroom? A few years ago I had my bathroom partially renovated. I had the cultured marble shower and garden tub surround replaced
with large tiles and solid surface countertops installed. All are light beige/champagne colored. I did not change the white cabinetry or dark green Italian marble floor, or the wallpaper at that time. I replaced all the faucets etc. with polished brass to match all the hardware already present. I just had the wall paper removed and the wall textured and painted a neutral beige color. I want to make the room look more updated by using some bronze colored accessories (light plate covers, toothbrush holders etc.) Can this work?

The short answer is it can work, but without all the finishes the same, it will be obvious that the renovation was done in stages.  That doesn't matter one iota if you're happy with it, and not at a point where you want to try and sell your home.  

If and/or when you get to the point of listing your home for sale, make sure all the fixtures and finishes match.

Thanks for writing!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology