Decorating & Furniture/decorating bathroom

Question
Can I mix metal finishes in my master bathroom? A few years ago I had my bathroom partially renovated. I had the cultured marble shower and garden tub surround replaced
with large tiles and solid surface countertops installed. All are light beige/champagne colored. I did not change the white cabinetry or dark green Italian marble floor, or the wallpaper at that time. I replaced all the faucets etc. with polished brass to match all the hardware already present. I just had the wall paper removed and the wall textured and painted a neutral beige color. I want to make the room look more updated by using some bronze colored accessories (light plate covers, toothbrush holders etc.) Can this work?

Answer
Jeannie,

The short answer is it can work, but without all the finishes the same, it will be obvious that the renovation was done in stages.  That doesn't matter one iota if you're happy with it, and not at a point where you want to try and sell your home.  

If and/or when you get to the point of listing your home for sale, make sure all the fixtures and finishes match.

Thanks for writing!
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik