Decorating & Furniture/laminate flooring

Question
Hi there,
I am thinking about selling soon, so...
I need to redo a dining room floor (currently carpeted), in an open concept house.
This room is beside the kitchen with a black with grey ceramic tile, all the walls are light grey, but there is a light/blond wood trim (railing and spindles) visible on a nearby stairwell.

I am considering a dark charcoal, blond to match the stairwell, or a medium brown with slight red tones. or any other option.

Also there will be a height discrepancy between the laminate floor and the kitchen tiles, is there a way to resolve this at the joining point?
thank you

Answer
Hi Jenny, I would recommend a warm oak colour. See attached photo.  The warm tones would compliment the kitchen floor and the lighter tones on the laminate, would compliment the lighter wood trim.  As for the height discrepency, you would have to discuss that with a floor installation professional.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi