Decorating & Furniture/living room

I am getting ready to redue my living room /dining room. I have new light grey carpet thru out room stairs hallway. I live in a split foyer home I would like ideas for wall color and I will be purchasing new furniture what color would you suggest.My entry way small foyer then 6 stair flight up and 6 stairs flight down

Hi Donna,

Without knowing you personally or what your preferences in style are, it's difficult to pick colors for you.

Since you've chosen a light grey carpet, you may want to pick a similar wall color so that whatever furniture you add will look great.  

Your wall colors and your furniture style and color should be something you personally love.  

Other colors that work well with grey are:  pinks, black, tan. reds. chocolate brown and white.

Hope this helps  you.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology