Decorating & Furniture/tips on decorating

hi,i need your help in my living room decoration,the wall is painted bamboo color,the leather seats are black (with brown and cream throw pillows),my rug is deep blue,my curtains are light blue chiffon with tiny gold designs and the valance is gold(the initial color of the wall was white, i also have a persian rug which has chestnut brown,black and cream design,i have a bamboo curtain on the door that leads to the kitchen with color being brown and cream .i feel that the colors dont go well and secondly the walls are bare cos i dont know how to accessorise,how do i cordinate the colors and what should go out?

Hi Pamela, I'll try my best to visualize this.  It seems that you like the blue that you have in your room and would like to keep it.  To co-ordinate and tie the room together you would need to add more cushions(or replace the existing ones) with a pattern that has the either or both of the two shades of blue, but also has brown and cream in it.  In addition you can choose artwork for your walls, also in these colours.  Other accessories used in small doses of each of the different colours, including a little black throughout the room will help the room look more co-ordinated.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.