Decorating & Furniture/Furniture color question

Question
We just bought our first home and the carpet is being replaced by a grey color carpet.  What color would you suggest that we look at for furniture.  The space is fairly large but we are of only two people so we don't want to crowd the space but do need to know what color chart we should use when going with a bluish/grey carpet.

Answer
It really depends on what style you are trying to achieve, Bluish/gray can be either a warm or cool color depending on the paint color or the furnishings you are using with it. Using the gray on either side of the color wheel that you've chosen will keep the space cohesive. You say the space is large, so going with a darker (charcoal gray) will help to make it feel more intimate. Lighten it with Tan, Taupe, or even Gray. In order to make the space cohesive, be sure to carry the color all the way through the space. You can achieve this by making sure to use the same colors in your accessories in all rooms that are visually connected. Good luck. hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs