Decorating & Furniture/Lenght of a mirror

I have a 66 inch buffet table and a 72 inch wide mirror. Should a mirror ever be longer than the object below it? Thanks so much!!! I appreciate your help.

Hi Kenya.  It's perfectly fine to have an oversized mirror hanging above something.  It will give great visual impact.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.