Decorating & Furniture/Living room and dining room together different furniture

Question
Hello there,
I am going to move and my new apartment the dr and lr area is together... at my current apt they are separated..due to that when I got my furniture I decided to not have them matching.... my lv is black and white...black leather sofas, glass coffee table..everything is either black,white or silver.
My dr on the other hand is BROWN!!!! Marble(brownish) table, brown leather chairs..
How can I bring them together without making things look weird? I cant paint the chairs since they are leather..nor paint the table since it is marble :-( ahhh I don't know what to do. In my LR the rug is white,black and grey. I was thinking on buying a rug to put on the DR area something with just one color... I cant paint the walls since it is a rent apartment... what can i do? help please!
thanks

Answer
Hi, Lilian sorry for the late reply.  I didn't get your question when you first sent it.  I would suggest you lay down a black and white area rug under your dining room table.  Also add a center piece to the table in black and white, or maybe even a table runner and placemats in the same colours.  You may even want to hang a piece of black and white art on the wall in the dining area.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi