Decorating & Furniture/Living space design questions

Question
My husband and I are buying our first home.  We are OVER the beige, brown, tan carpeting and walls.  We want to go with the other neutral color GREY ;) or a bluish gray.  The walls are currently a brown color which will go first.  What do you suggest for wall color for grey carpets.  Do you have a suggestion for a comfy carpet that we can lay on to watch TV, all we know is to get a quality pad. We thank you for any guidance you will grant to us!

Answer
Hi

Are you sure you want wall to wall carpet? If you can, put in a wood floor or even a laminate wood floor. Then you can use rugs. I can tell you that most people regret getting wall to wall carpet and usually end up replacing it for wood floors. Replacing rugs when you tire of them or when they get worn out will be much cheaper than replacing wall to wall carpet.

However, if you are set on grey wall to wall carpet, just make sure you stick with the same tone of carpet. If your carpet color is in the cool family...choose a wall color in the cool family as well and vice versa. Also you may want to consider a frieze carpet rather than a plush. It will wear much better than a plush carpet.

Hope this helps!

Darlene,Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com
blog: www.ourcreativelife.blogspot.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer