Decorating & Furniture/Mixing styles

I have a collection of Hummel figurines and plates that I dearly love....however, my decorating style leans to the more Pottery Barn.  How can I combine the two?  They don't seem to go together well.

Hi Tressie,
Well, I can't say I know much about Hummel figurines, but, the same principal applies whenever you want to display a collection. The contrast of the figures in your contemporary space will make your  collection something unexpected that will create instant personality. The only to remember is keep the collection a collection. Hanging the plates on the wall and the figurines on floating shelves arranged within the configuration of plates will become art. This way, the plates and figurines will make a cohesive, and dramatic focal point. Grouping them together gives them impact that using them separately would not achieve. You can carry the theme further by interspersing an organic element such as a bamboo  plant or an orchid.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.