Decorating & Furniture/Paint Color for Family Room

Question
Family Room
Family Room  
I'm having a difficult time trying to decide what color to paint the family room in my new home.  The furniture is a sky blue micro fiber with merlot wood trim.  I have merlot wood accent tables with chocolate brown leather ottomons and accent chairs also in the room.  Right now all the walls in my home are builder's beige... Please help.

Answer
Hi Marilyn,
Your family room is beautiful, you have done a great job in your color choices so far. The sky blue color would really pop against chocolate brown walls! You already have touches of brown in the space, keep that going! I know that may sound like a strong color, and if you are not comfortable painting the entire space, just paint the focal wall,  (the first wall you see when you enter the space) and then bring it in more with some accessories (vases, pillows with shades of brown and blue-try to find pillows with graphic prints to add movement to the space, and an area rug) in a lighter chocolate, taupes and a darker shade of the blue. For another layer of color and more depth, bring in splashes of black. It always adds depth and sophistication to any space. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs