Decorating & Furniture/Painting our living room (narrow and rectangle shape)

living room from the entrance
living room from the e  
Hi, we are planning to paint our living room and are in a fix about the colours we should use...we have our walls painted off white as of now and want a drastic change.. we were thinking about orange, chocolate brown, olive green etc as shades which may suit our decor.

about our living room - its rectangular with windows which are east facing and we get less light after 3pm in the afternoon.

attached are 2 photos taken from both ends of the room..

awaiting ur reply

Hi Bhavna, I can't see too well the exact colours that you have from the photo, but it looks like you have rose toned accents in your curtains and rug and beige coloured sofas.  Based on this I would recommend a medium, warm coffee colour.  I don't know if you have Behr paints available where you live; Behr's Gobi Desert (710C-3), Brown Tepee (700D-4) or Harvest Brown (710D-4) would be a choice of the colours that I would recommend.  You can see these colours online at  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.