Decorating & Furniture/Trying to match a dining table to cabinets

I put in cranberry finish kitchen cabinets, and broke out the wall between my kitchen and dining room.  It is impossible to find a dining table that matches the cranberry finish.  My floors are oak.  The granite is mostly black.  What color table do you suggest I get for the dining room?  I was looking at counter height.

Hi Katie,
I'm not sure if you would be able to find the exact cranberry finish. However, finding an unfinished wood table in an oak finish, and then painting or staining it to achieve the correct color may be an option. You could just as easily paint the unfinished wood table black (semi-gloss) to carry the black in from the kitchen, which wiil create a more contemporary look. The important thing is to carry both elements (wood and color) into both spaces. You mentioned having oak floors in both spaces, that is a great start towards making the two spaces flow. Cranberry is a great accent to the black, and adds an air of sophistication to any space. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.