Decorating & Furniture/Wood Trim

We are going to rent a house that sits on 45 acres and a lake and it has all wood stained trim and doors.  I love the ocean but would like to see the house painted and decorated with pastel beach colors. Is this a color scheme I could use with all the wood trim?

Yes, you certainly can; however, if the wood is too dark and dated looking, you can always paint it a brilliant white. This will go a long way towards lightning the space, and establishing the beach/cottage feel that you are trying to achieve. Sage greens, blues, mellon colors, yellows and even taupes to reinforce the color of the sand with white incorporated to keep it light. I always say that adding some pops of black gives any space depth and sophistication. Perhaps some black and white photos and a lamp. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.