Decorating & Furniture/What to put in basket?

Question
I recently purchased a very pretty gold and silver basket with a handle about the size of a picnic basket.  I have it sitting on my fireplace hearth.  But it looks lonely and empty.  Any suggestions on something to put in it?

Thank you,
Michele

Answer
Hi Michele,
Gold and Silver have a glamorous feel, to further emphasize this would be to incorporate crystal (glass) candle holders, figurines. I love bamboo plants, they are elegant and easy to maintain. Orchids are another choice. You can sit them down in the basket to add height and bring an organic feel to that area. You haven't mentioned whether you have anything else on the hearth. There are rules to follow when accessorizing which can make it simple to do. Use accessories in either 3, 5 or 7 piece configurations, making sure to have both tall and short items to keep it interesting. Hope this helps! Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs