Decorating & Furniture/bedding

Okay, I want to do a black and white damask theme with aqua as an accent for
my bedroom. But I don't want it to be over done, you know- all black and white
damask can look too busy, so I want to know, should my bedding be damask or
the headboard or the walls, and what should all of those be? Thanks!

Hi Ashley,
You're right, Damask is a beautiful print, but, can easily take over a room. Perhaps choosing the largest element in the space, which would be the walls, and working your way back. If you want to use the Damask on the wall, just put it on one wall, it will create a focal point in the space and allow you to bring in some lighter prints, such as stripes, florals, and even checks. Or for more drama, put it on three of the walls and paint the one remaining wall black! Mixing the scale of patterns may seem a bit overwhelming, but, that's why starting with the the most dominant/heavy fabric/print and working down or backwards works. The aqua accents will go a long way towards balancing the prints. A pop of red will literally be the cherry on the cake. Good luck, hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.