Decorating & Furniture/bookshelf height

can you please tell me how high to mount a 5'x6" bookshelf overhanging a changing table in the nursery(12'x12' with 8'celing)??.....changing table is 3' tall.....

Hi, Adam I would recommend you place the shelf at about 5ft off the ground.  Please keep in mind, that as your child grows it may not be appropriate to have a book shelf in this particular location, and placing it any higher will look odd.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.