Decorating & Furniture/decor

I have a queen size  upholstered headboard that rises 3 1/2 feet above the bed in a graceful arc.we are now switching to a king size bed and I want to know how to keep the current headboard and have it look good. I do not need to ever lay back against it as the new king will be electric and adjustable.  thanks, Sandy

Well Sandy,
Obviously the headboard will be too short to span the king sized bed, so perhaps you could visually expand the headboard by installing some lighting in the form of sconces to either side of the bed, and combine them with floating shelves that extend from the wall to the bed to create a continuous horizontal line, making sure that the shelves begin right where the headboard ends. All of these elements will combine to make a focal point in the space. Good luck, hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.