Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

Question
Hello I am in the process of having a new kitchen my question is i am having white units with black granite work surfaces and grey floor tiles with a brown marl running through them but the kichen is an  open plan l shape dining and living room  with a breakfast bar between kitchen and dining area  now the decor in lounge / diner is oak wooden floor and neutral colours with long oak table with dark brown seats in dining area and dark brown leather chair in lounge end with beige settee and chair will the black granite and grey flooring in kitchen blend in will welcome your advice margaret

Answer
Hi Margaret,
The open floor plan is my favorite, but, can be a bit overwhelming to make cohesive. Bringing in the gray (pillows, area rugs, window  treatments) in the dining/lounge area will go along way towards lighting the space, create a flow between the two spaces.and cool the warm effects of the brown furniture and oak flooring. Bring pops of white(s), creams, grays, taupes and almonds to contrast with the oak, gray and black in both spaces. Pops of black in the dning/lounge area will add drama and sophistication to any space, and wil be an added element to make the spaces flow. Bring in texture(s), bamboo, rattan, wicker, sisal) to add further interest to the space. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs