Decorating & Furniture/paint & carpet colors

Hi, I have never been good at choosing colors or decorating anything but I really want this to be a nice living room. The room is very small about 15x16. There is going to be 2 dark brown leather sofas, 1 tan leather chair, and  navy blue curtains (the significant other is attached to the darn curtains so they have to stay). I need help choosing the carpet color and wall color for the living room. PLEASE help!!!

Hi Katie, I would recommend Behr's Manhattan Mist (760E-2) for the wall colour.  It's a grey/blue based warm neutral that will work very well with both your furniture and the curtains.

For the carpet I would choose a tan/beige colour, this way if you changed your decor in the future the carpet acts as a neutral and would work with just about anything.  I would suggest however, maybe place an area rug over the carpet which contains at least two other colours you've used in the room ie: the brown & navy blue , or the wall colour with brown and/or navy blue.  Also, because the navy curtains are a bold colour in your space, be sure to add hints of it in accent pieces placed throughout.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.