Decorating & Furniture/paint colors for living room walls

We recently purchased a leather sectional that is a "saddle" color.  We painted two walls a brick red and the other walls are a medium gold color thruout the house. Then we added red accent pillows in different patterns and textures.  We also purchased a wool rug  with several colors in the design: red,gold,green,deep beige,pale turquoise.  Then a sage green suede recliner was added.  I just cannot get comfortable with it.  It's like there are too many colors going on.  I'm thinking I should change the paint colors or the floor rug.  I'm really confused as to what to do.  I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer.  Thank you.

Hi Ginny,  The easiest and least expensive solution to tone down all the colours would be to paint you walls in a neutral colour, some suggestions would be, Behr's: Cozy Cottage (740C-2), Country Beige (760c-2)or Sandstone Cove (730C-2).  As long as the red on your accent pillows, and green on the recliner are the same tones as in your rug, painting the walls should be all you need to do.  
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.