Decorating & Furniture/pillows and paint

i dont know what to decide i resently bought some furniture from gardner white and its called mission if you want to look it up, its blue with brown trim the problem is the pillows that come with the couch is ugly i want some different pillows i am modern/contemporary and would like to know what color should i paint my walls and drapes

Hi Angela,
Blues and Browns are one of the hottest new trends! There is such a wide range of hues with both of these colors. Layers of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and taupe, contrasted with shades of blue in the same intensity of hues. Some ideas would be to paint one wall of the space in the darkest of the browns as the backdrop for the other browns and blues and to visually create a focal point. Put the next lighter hue on the remaining hue and even put a third on the ceiling if you are inclined! Layering is such an easy way to add personality to a space. Bring in bold graphic prints in your pillows, vases and area rug. Window treatments in the same color as the wall color will help expand the space by visually disappearing into the wall. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.