Decorating & Furniture/stain for hardwood floors and wall color

Question
I am putting in natural cherry cabinets, tropical gem granite (which is a green with black, white and garnet specks. Currently i have oak floors and would like to know what color I should stain them should I go cherry or strip lighter.  Also having some thoughts around paint, I am having the back splash just your typical 4 inch granite, I was thinking of painting a dark behr "leather bound" which is a rich saturated brick red accenting under the counters next to the back splash. ( i would like tile but cant afford it right now). The other walls would be "straw Basket"  Behr color which is a straw color.  what do you think?

Answer
Hi Saleena, I think your floors would look best if you stained them in a medium to dark stain.  You don't necessarily have to stain them in the same cherry as the cabinets, it might be something that has a little streak of the cherry colour in the grain.  Painting the a dark colour under the cabinets will feel to heavy, I would suggest you go with the same straw colour that you are planning on putting on the other walls.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi