Decorating & Furniture/BLAH BEIGE BEDROOM!

Question
blah bedroom
blah bedroom  
PLEASE HELP! I thought I could do a monochromatic scheme and - I CANT! I am going for a beachy or sandy relaxing feel. Can you help me? I just am not that creative but I can follow directions! I have attached a picture - I am willing to change color of walls, bedspread, paint furniture, cover them, etc I just cant make any new furniture purchases at this time. What type of curtains if any? How can I integrate some color? I am focused on the feel more so than the colors...help me. Signed lack of imagination. Thanks!

Answer
Hi Stacy, I see you have too much going on your right wall.  I would suggest you remove one of your tall cabinets, move the other one the the corner of the wall and move the tv drawer stand to the corner by the window. Remove everything off the top of your tall cabinet, to create more of a balance between furniture pieces.  
If you cannot change the blinds, hang some solid neutral coloured curtain panels on either side, as close to the wall colour as possible.  I would suggest Behr's Raffia Cream(710C-2) in a eggshell finish for the walls and paint your tv dresser and cabinets in Behr's Gobi Desert(710C-3)if possible.  The accordian closet should be painted the same colour as the walls.  Add a nice plush rug to cover most of the room if possible if not the areas in front of the bed would suffice.  Your bed covering will do, just add more cushions and maybe a plush throw.  Bring in colour with the right accesories and/or the area rug.
I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.co

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi