Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen color selection

Question
We just had new cabinets and granite counters installed. Cabinets are a rich, fairly deep brown cherry wood that doesn't look terribly red. The counters are taupey-off-white, beige, rust, brown and a tiny bit of black. The backsplash tile is a taupey-off-white. Tile floors throughout kitchen, foyer, and a little in dining room are white and white appliances. Ceilings are 8'. I was thinking a bold rust-cranberry color (not too dark) around the two cabinet walls, white trim and ceilings throughout the house. What to do with the other 2 walls? We were thinking wainscoating which would be practical, because they surround the kitchen table. So 2 colors would be possible, but not necessary. I feel that maybe this color (or 1 of the 2 colors) should be continued into the dining room and the other direction into the foyer and up the stairs and hallway. One catch - we have window treatment in the dining room and living room  which are a pale true blue maybe slightly grey. I was thinking of a pale sage green for the color that continues throughtout the house. Please help us select colors.
1.) What do you think of the bold, but not too dark rust-cranberry on the two cabinet walls?
2.) Light sage green on the other 2 walls to continue throught the house?
3.) Use a second color on the other 2 walls?
4.) White trim and ceilings?

Answer
Hi Pat, Sorry for the late reply.  As you're asking for colour selections for a  fairly large area, it's very hard for me to picture it without visual assistance of photos.  Please could you attach photos of the areas in question, so I can help you as best I can.  

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi